COVID-19 Safety Protocols
After thorough and thoughtful consideration, the GSA Board of Directors has unanimously approved this transition. We thank those who provided valuable input via our recent survey. The GSA staff is immediately moving forward to prepare the 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting to run live online from Wednesday, November 10, to Saturday, November 13.
This format will allow scholars from the U.S. and around the world to safely attend and engage fully in the meeting. We will utilize technology incorporating a video conference platform to maximize interaction and dialogue among attendees. The live online meeting will now allow the opportunity for all members, speakers, and attendees to safely attend and participate in this tour-de-force of aging scholarship.
We had such high hopes 90 days ago that the COVID-19 public health crisis would improve so we would have the opportunity to be together in person. While we are disappointed, we are pleased that all online attendees will be able to expand their knowledge, share their research, network, and meet new colleagues.
We ask your patience as we move forward in finalizing the many aspects of the new online-only Annual Scientific Meeting.
Here are some key features to be aware of:
- Symposium, paper, and poster presenters will still be required to pre-record their presentations for on-demand viewing as originally planned; this will enable registrants to access all scholarship presented, these presentations will be available until December 31, 2021.
- Each symposium and paper session also will be convened live using a video conferencing platform; session chairs will manage the live presentations and Q&A, and discussants will participate.
- Poster sessions will be on-demand only with no live presentation; attendees will have the opportunity to engage in Q&A with presenters asynchronously.
Go to the GSA 2021 website for complete details on the Annual Scientific Meeting, including:
- Registration: Read our information for new and existing registrants. Additional questions can be directed to member services at email@example.com or 1.202.842.1275.
- Hotel: Your hotel accommodations will be cancelled, and a full refund of your deposit will be applied automatically, and a confirmation notice will be sent to the email address on file. All cancellations and refunds should be completed by October 22, we apologize for any inconvience this may cause.
- Speakers: Updated instructions are forthcoming, and all speakers should contact their author team about the meeting transition.
- Continuing Education: Credit will still be offered for all qualifying online programs.